Do you have a difficult time trying to fix the error code CE-34878-0 on your PS4? This error message appears when you are starting up your console or playing games on it. I am sure you are not happy with that. It’s annoying seeing it in the first place, isn’t it?
The PS4 Error Code is the reason why your game suddenly crashes when you are playing. When you see this, you should know that there is a problem with your PS4 system that prevents it from working properly.
Many PS4 users have reported seeing this error while playing SIMS, Fortnite, Witcher 3, Monopoly Plus, NBA 2k20, Fallout 4, Borderlands 3, and many other games. Although some users claim the error was fixed after restarting the game, however, most people who tried restarting the game or the console had little or no success.
If you are currently seeing the PS4 Error Ce-34878-0 and you want to resolve it, this article will show you some effective methods to fix the problem once and for all.
What is PS4 Error CE-34878-0?
The PS4 Error Code “CE-34878-0” is made up of CE (code execution) and 34878-0 (hexadecimal number). It is also known as ‘PSERR_BADAPP’.
This error code shows up when you are trying to run an application but the system doesn’t know how to do it probably because of corrupted system files, missing libraries, tainted framework documents, inappropriately installed applications, and other reasons.
The error CE-34878-0 shows that the game you are currently playing on your PlayStation 4 has cracked. When this error occurs, one of the first things that you must do is restart the system. If you keep getting this error, it means that something is wrong and you must find out what that is. Ensure that your PS4 framework, programming, and the application or game you are playing are updated to its latest version.
The game or application crashes for a short time and the error CE-34878-0 appears on the screen. While some users have seen this problem vanish after restarting the game or the system, it didn’t work for others who tried restarting their consoles. Depending on your case, the error may appear in certain apps and may not show up in other games.
What Causes The PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0?
There are several things responsible for the PlayStation CE-34878-0 Error. There is not a single or specific reason for this issue. The error could occur when you are using an outdated version of the PS4 software or due to corrupted system files and game files.
If you have the CE-34878-0 on your gaming device, the cause could be traced to any of the following reasons:
- Temporary issue.
- The game is not updated.
- Corrupted game files or system files.
- PS4 hasn’t been updated to the latest firmware.
- Improper installation of an app or game or any of its updates.
- Overheating of the PS4 as a result of the accumulation of dirt inside.
- An incompatibility problem between the game you are playing and the current version of your PS4 system software.
- The PS$ CMOS data is corrupted and needs a reset.
- The storage device on which your application or game is installed is defective and needs maintenance.
- Unstable power connection due to a faulty power code, a malfunctioning power strip/outlet, or even short circuits in a part of the PS4 motherboard.
The highlighted points show you the reasons for the PS4 Error (CE-34878-0) and how to fix it. With these points, you stand a better stand to troubleshoot the error and avoid this problem from reoccurring.
How Do You Know Your PS4 Has The Error (CE-34878-0)?
Before you make any attempt to fix any error on your PlayStation 4 console, you must have diagnosed the problem after inspecting the performance and behavior of your console.
Here’s how you can know your PS has this error:
- If the Error (CE-34878-0) comes up immediately the PS4 boots or when it loads the home screen, you may have to format the internal hard drive or initialize your PS4.
- When this error occurs on applications installed on an external hard drive, that means it is defective. What you need to do is to perfect a full format. A quick format may not remove the bad sectors but a full format will eliminate the bad sectors and bring back the lost performance of the drive.
- Sometimes, this error occurs when you are watching movies or running games. When this happens, it means that there is an issue with the PS4 graphics card. Connecting it to another monitor can help resolve the issue.
- A sudden hardware failure or power surge can cause the PS4 Error Code (CE-34878-0). The issue is momentary in this case and is likely not to repeat itself.
- If you see this error when playing online games, the issue is most likely from your internet connection. Therefore, using a fast internet connection or a reliable service provider will help resolve the issue.
Regardless of what the cause of the error is, this guide will provide you with the right methods to fix the CE-34878-0b error.
How To Fix The PS4 Error Code CE-34878-0
As I rightly said, there is not a particular cause of this problem. Irrespective of the cause of the error, you can apply any of the solutions below to resolve it.
1. Restart Your PS4 Console
Intuitively, the first thing you should do is restart your PlayStation console. Rather than trying out other complex and technical solutions, start by restarting the console. I stated that some users fixed this issue by restarting their consoles.
Here’s how to restart the PS4 console:
- Step 1: If the game is still running, close it and shut down the PS4.
- Step 2: Disconnect the power chord from the power source or socket.
- Step 3: Wait for some minutes (at least 2 mins).
- Step 4: Plug the power chord into the power source or socket.
- Step 5: Start the PS4.
- Step 6: After restarting the PS4, try running the app or game to see if the error has stopped.
If the issue persists after restarting your console, you can try other solutions below.
2. Update The PS4 System Software Firmware To The Latest Version
Another thing you can do to resolve this annoying error is to update the firmware to the latest version. The error CE-34878-0 most likely occurs because of the framework crashes in your console. I recommend you always run the latest version because it is patched, fixed, stable, and overall reliable.
Refreshing or updating the framework programming of your PS4 can help fix the CE-34878-0 error. Follow these steps to update the PS4 firmware:
- Step 1: Ensure that your PS4 is connected to the internet.
- Step 2: Go to the PlayStation home screen.
- Step 3: Click on Settings.
- Step 4: Go to System Software Update.
- Step 5: Your console will automatically search for updates.
- Step 6: If there are accessible updates, install them. (You will not see this message if your PS4 has the latest firmware).
- Step 7: Wait for the update to download. You should be notified of the progress.
- Step 8: Once the firmware is updated, try running the game and see if it worked.
3. Reinstall The Game on Your PS4
Another attempt to fix the error would be to uninstall and reinstall the game. Before you do that, you must first save the game information so you don’t lose your game progress. Here’s what you do:
- Step 1: Go to the PS4 Settings.
- Step 2: Go to Application Saved Data Management.
- Step 3: Select Saved Data in System Storage if you want to save it in your PS4 framework or select Saved Data on USB Storage Device if you have connected the USB flash to your PS4.
- Step 4: Follow the prompts on your screen.
- Step 5: Return to your PS4 Settings. Go to System Storage Management and click on Applications.
- Step 6: Find the game that causes the error and feature it.
- Step 7: Hold the Options button and choose Delete.
- Step 8: Restart your PS4.
- Step 9: Reinstall the game and try to check if it works
Another way to do this is to re-embed the disc to restart or refresh the game. This technique also works when you are messing around with the clique. Here’s how to do this method:
- Step 1: Uninstall the game from your hard dick.
- Step 2: Power cycle your PlayStation 4 to turn it off.
- Step 3: Re-embed the plate.
- Step 4: Reinstall the game and update.
After following the steps above, try to dispatch the game and see issue is fixed.
4. Update The Game To The Latest Version
If the error persists, you can search for available updates for the game. Most times, the PS4 CE-34878-0 error may not always be from the console but also from the game.
Follow the steps below to update the game to the newest version:
- Step 1: Go to the PlayStation home screen.
- Step 2: Go to the game and hold the Options button on the controller.
- Step 3: Go to Check for an update.
- Step 4: If you find any pending updates, install them.
- Step 5: After updating the game, run it and check to see if it works.
5. Initialize The PS4
Initializing the PS4 can help fix this error. Before that, back up all the important files and data on the hard disk.
Follow the steps below to initialize the PlayStation 4:
- Step 1: Go to your PlayStation home screen.
- Step 2: Head over to Settings.
- Step 3: Scroll down and click on the Initialize PS4 option.
- Step 4: Select Full and follow the directions on the screen.
- Step 5: After completing and reestablishing all your reinforcement information, reinstall the apps and games.
- Step 6: When you are done, check to see if the error has been resolved.
6. Reinstall The Original Hard Drive
If you have changed your PS4 hard drive to another hard drive, you may have this problem. A recently installed HDD may likely affect the performance of the game. In this case, you must install the original HDD that came with your PlayStation to fix the issue.
- Step 1: Plug the USB stockpiling gadget reinforcement into any of the PS4’s USB ports.
- Step 2: Go to Settings.
- Step 3: Click on System.
- Step 4: Go to Backup and Restore.
- Step 5: Verify which information you would like to back up. On the off chance that you wouldn’t want to back up your apps, you will have to download or install them again when/on the off chance that you, in the end, reestablish the reinforcement you are making.
- Step 4: Adjust the name of the reinforcement.
- Step 5: After customizing the name of the reinforcement, feature BackUp and tap the X button.
- Step 6: Wait until the interaction wraps up.
- Step 7: After the reinforcement, bring back the first HDD into your PS4.
- Step 8: After the establishment, try playing the game or running the app to check whether it works.
7. Disconnect the PlayStation Camera
Here’s how to disconnect your PS4 camera:
- Step 1: Go to your PS4 Settings.
- Step 2: Click on Devices.
- Step 3: Go to Turn Off Device.
- Step 4: Turn off the camera. Next, power cycle your PS4 after that.
- Step 5: Go to Settings.
- Step 6: Click on User and then go to Login Settings.
- Step 7: Deselect the ‘Enable Face Recognition’ feature.
8. Contact PlayStation Support For Assistance
There are various methods to fix the PS4 error code CE-34868-0. However, if the issue persists after trying all the solutions provided above, then, the issue is beyond your capacity. The last resort is to contact Sony customer support for help. You may have to get your console to Sony to fix it or get a replacement.
How to Recover Data from Error PS4 Hard Drive
Have you done everything possible to fix the error code CE-34878-0 but nothing worked? The best thing to do in this situation is to have reliable data recovery software to help you retrieve deleted data and files.
Tenorshare 4DDiG Data Recovery is one of the trusted data recovery tools for your hard drive. It features patent recovery technology to successfully retrieve saved data on PlayStation. With this tool, you can recover and retrieve lost data across your device, including the Sony PlayStation console. It is 100% safe and secure to use. Lots of users have had success using this data recovery tool.
Follow the steps below:
- Connect and choose the PS4 drive: After downloading and installing the Tenorshare 4DDiG Data Recovery program, open it. Now, connect the PS4 hard drive to the PC and find it through 4DDiG. Choose the drive and tap on Start to scan the PS4 error drive.
- Scan the Drive and Preview Data: The 4DDiG program will begin inspecting the game data and show you the results. You can click to preview your files before data recovery.
- Recover Data from PS4 Drive: Choose all the folders and files you want and click ‘Recover’ to save them. Do not attempt to save the file on the former partition because doing so will result in permanent data loss.
How Do I Prevent PS4 Error CE-34878-0?
You can prevent or avoid the chances of crashing your PS4 hard drive and seeing the CE-34878 error code on your screen by updating your games and apps regularly. Always check for updates every week or preferably, after a couple of days.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Why Do My PlayStation Games Keep Crashing?
Your PS4 is crashing as a result of corrupted data or system software problems.
2. Why Does My PlayStation 4 Keep Bringing Errors?
Your PS4 keeps giving you error messages when it can’t confirm the email address used to create the PS4 account.
3. How Do I Fix Corrupted Data on My PS4?
You can resolve the corrupted data issue on your PlayStation using any of the following methods below:
- Delete corrupted downloads.
- Delete the game and reinstall it.
- Update the system software.
- Clean the game disc.
- Initialize your PS4.
- Hard reset your PS4.
- Restore your PS4 software licenses.
- Start the PlayStation 4 in safe mode and rebuild the database.
4. How Do I Prevent My PS4 From Freezing?
Here’s how you can stop or prevent your PS4 from freezing:
- Restart the PS4 and the application.
- Update the game or application.
- Keep your PS4 in an open space.
- Release some space in the system storage.
- Upgrade the hard drive.
- Ensure all the ports and cables are plugged correctly.
If you have been playing games on your PlayStation 4 for quite some time, you may have seen the error code CE-34878-0. We hope that this troubleshooting guide helps you resolve this issue. Let me know if this helps.