Have you been seeing errors while playing the Destiny 2 game? Recently, some gamers have been having problems like crashing, freezing, and other errors with the Destiny 2 game. These issues appear after a few minutes of playing the game and it occurs mostly on the PC version.
As reported by some users, the screen turns black, and afterward, the error appears. Other users have a different experience as the game freezes just in the middle of the game and the error appears after a few seconds.
I know how annoying and frustrating it can be to stop halfway through playing your games. However, the good news is that this error can be fixed easily. By following the scan and repair steps in this post, you should be able to resolve the Destiny 2 game crashing and freezing errors.
What is Destiny 2?
Destiny 2 is a popular first-person shooter game released in 2017. Since its release, the game has garnered over a million users worldwide. If you aren’t new to video games, you must have played or heard people in gaming communities talking about Destiny 2.
Just like every other game, Destiny 2 has its problems. Most times, users are faced with multiple bugs and errors while playing the game. As I mentioned, the errors are prevalent on the PC version of the game. Some users who disclosed their experience confirmed that their screen turns completely black and then the error shows up. Other users have seen the error occur as the game game freezes within minutes of gameplay.
The situation is pathetic and I know how frustrating it can be to be restrained from playing your favorite game due to silly bugs and errors. Don’t worry, we have provided you with working solutions to solve this error.
There are many factors responsible for this error and the common cause is corrupted game files. If you are having issues with your game files, it could be a temporary glitch. It appears that you can have this error if your system specification is below the minimum game requirements. Insufficient memory can also cause this error.
How To Scan and Repair Destiny 2 Issue
In this troubleshooting guide, you will learn how to fix this error.
1. Run Destiny 2 As An Administrator
Have you considered running the game with admin access? If you haven’t tried out this method, you should consider giving it a try.
Running the game as an administrator can help fix the error. Most times, applications and software programs do not work as intended due to a lack of administrative control and access.
Many users who installed the game on Steam have solved the error by running the full Steam software using admin permission. If you installed the Destiny 2 game file separately, you can also follow the same steps for that as well.
- Go to the Steam.exe file and press the right-click button.
- Select Properties.
- In the windows, tap the Compatibility tab.
- Check on the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Click on Apply and press OK.
After completing the steps above, launch the Steam again and try running the Starbound game. If you can play the game without issues, you have successfully fixed the problem but if not, try another method.
2. Disable In-game Overlays
Overlay issues are another cause of the errors in the game. Although Steam has worked well on them, some users still see the errors regularly while using the Steam overlay functionality. Disabling overlay apps like Nvidia GeForce Experience, Discord, or any type of screen recorder app can help resolve the problem.
Therefore, disabling the in-game overlay can help solve the problem. If you don’t know how to disable in-game overlays, follow these steps:
- Open Steam client.
- Click on the Library.
- Click on Destiny 2 from the game list.
- Select Properties.
- In properties, click on the General option from the left sidebar.
- Uncheck Enable the screen while in-game to deactivate the game overlays.
If you are using Discord overlay, turn it out to see if it fixes any Destiny 2-related errors.
3. Check The System Requirements
Ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements to play the game. If you are using an outdated system, you will get to see the errors and bugs frequently. An old PC may not give you a high level of performance as this game requires a specific level of hardware usage.
Before installing the Destiny 2 game on your device, it is a good idea to cross-check system requirements with your PC. In case you don’t have any clue about it, we have presented you with the system requirements to run Destiny 2.
- FREE DISK SPACE: 68 GB.
- RAM: 8 GB (minimum).
- Processor: Intel – Core i5-2400 or AMD – Ryzen R5 1600X.
- Operating System: Windows 10.
- GTX 1060 6GB / AMD – Radeon R9 390 8GB.
4. Disable Antivirus
Another thing you can try when you see these errors is to disable any antivirus software installed on your device. Sometimes, antivirus tools and other firewalls cause complications while using an application. This issue is very common with many games and software programs.
To fix the issue, deactivate the Windows firewall, antivirus software program, or any third-party app on your PC. After disabling it, restart your PC and try running the game. If the error is caused by the antivirus program, it will be eliminated.
5. Update Your Drivers
If you are seeing errors or having issues playing Destiny 2, you can resolve the problem by updating your drivers. Ensure your drivers are updated.
6. Set The Game To The Priority List
You could see this error if the game lacks enough resources to run. By setting and changing the game’s priority, you adjust the game to use the resources available on your computer. Doing this will ensure optimal performance and ultimately fix the problem.
Follow the steps below to change the Destiny 2 game’s priority:
- Step 1: Press the ALT+CTRL+DELETE buttons simultaneously and a new window will pop up.
- Step 2: Open the Task Manager and click the details tab.
- Step 3: Look for the Steam Client.
- Step 4: Right-click on it and go to the ‘Set Priority‘ option.
- Step 5: Set the priority to High.
- Step 6: Save the changes and restart the Steam Client.
Open the game and see if you will see any errors.
7. Scan and Repair The Game
If you have tried all the methods above without seeing tangible success, you can go ahead with this method. Here, you will scan and repair the game.
This method is fairly easy and not as technical as you think. All you have to do is to scan the game files with the Blizzardbattle.net application.
Follow the steps below to perform this operation:
- Step 1: Open the blizzard battle.net app on your System.
- Step 2: Now that it is opened, locate the game section (which can be found at the top menu) and click on it.
- Step 3: You should see the Options menu under it, and click on it.
- Step 4: Select the Scan and Repair.
- Step 5: Click on Begin Scan.
- Step 6: Wait until the process.
- Step 7: When you are done, try running the game, and if the errors are gone.
8. Scan and Repair Destiny 2 Game Files Using Steam
If you are unable to fix the error, the root of the problems might be from your game files. Corrupted and outdated game files are a major reason behind this error.
Follow these steps to scan and repair the Destiny 2 game on your Steam client:
- Step 1: Open the Steam client.
- Step 2: Click on the Library tab.
- Step 3: From the list of options provided, right-click the Destiny 2 option.
- Step 4: Select Properties.
- Step 5: Hit the Local Files tab.
- Step 6: Select Verify integrity of game files.
Although this process may a while you are expected to wait for some minutes as continues to scan and repair the game files. When it is done, it will replace the corrupted game files with the official ones obtained from the server.
After completing the process, run the Destiny 2 game and check if the error has been resolved.